SAFE aim to re-home all horses that they rescue and rehabilitate. Typically, the majority of abandoned horses are young colts, but occasionally SAFE rescue older horses and mares.
SAFE will only re-home when a horse is fit and healthy. Colts will have been gelded, and all horses passported and microchipped. Vaccinations will be up to date according to the horses’ duration with us, and wormed regularly.
Horses requiring homes – please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to enquire about any of our horses and ponies. Full details of our Homing Process can be found here.
SAFE is based near Reading, Berkshire, UK. If you live further afield, provided you are willing to visit us and provide transport for the journey to a SAFE horse or pony, we can consider your application. We have a large and reliable network of contacts across the UK who we can depend upon to conduct a home-check and subsequent checks once the horse is rehomed.
If you would like to be contacted about re-homing one of our horses or ponies, please submit the form below. Our Re-homing Co-ordinator will then contact you to arrange a visit, and ask you to complete the full re-homing application form – which captures information such as:
- Questions about you and your family
- Your Experience and Plans for the horse
- Details and location of the intended stableyard/field
- Your requirements
Following a visit to meet the horse/pony, should there be mutual agreement between yourself and SAFE, a home-check will then be conducted, and if both parties are in agreement, the horse can be rehomed. A minimum donation fee is requested, and the re-homing contract stipulates a few criteria such as:
- Horse must be fully insured
- Regular Vet, Farrier and Dentist checks must be carried out
- SAFE must be contacted should any serious illnesses be diagnosed
- If for any reason you are unable to keep your SAFE horse, SAFE must be contacted so that either the horse can be returned to them or they can be involved in the re-homing so their contract can continue to follow the horse to ensure its wellbeing.
Interested in Re-Homing one of our lovely ponies?
Please fill in the form below to contact us with your enquiry.