What we do
- Assist members of the public attempting to legally rescue an abandoned horse or pony.
- Assist in locating Land Owners.
- Advise Land Owners on their rights re: Control of Horses Act 2015 and serving ‘Abandonment Notices’.
- Share our experiences and knowledge on this subject.
- Physically assist with the legal removal of an abandoned horse or pony once notice served in the Berkshire & Surrey area.
- Assist in finding temporary care for legally rescued horses and ponies.
- Take in legally rescued horses and ponies for rehabilitation when space and support allows.
What we can’t do
- Rescue or remove a horse or pony which is not abandoned/fly-grazed illegally.
This group has come about after managing to save and subsequently re-home twenty two abandoned fly-grazed horses in Binfield (Berkshire) in the Winter of 2014. Sadly, another sixteen horses died before they could be saved.